There are pieces of jewelry I made years ago that still appeal to me but need updating in some way. One example is this bracelet. I believe I got these beads at the Bead & Button show when I went wild in a booth featuring mostly lucite beads.
This is the old rendition complete with tarnished toggle clasp. It’s a bit difficult to get a good picture with the clear beads. I needed to re-make this to make it bigger. As long as I was remaking it, I thought I would incorporate some small changes to update it. I decided to string it on waxed linen rather than the beading wire it had been on. I prefer the drape of linen and adding a few knots would allow me the length I needed. Also, I could use a loop clasp with one of the square beads rather than include a clasp of another material.